Would you like to support increasing customer base and the revenue for AWS, a market-leading cloud offering? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of the AWS platform by analyzing customer's behavior on and outside AWS websites? Do you want to empower our AWS marketing team make data-driven decisions that further establish AWS as leader in the cloud computing world?
Key job responsibilities
As a Data Engineer at AWS, you will be working in a large, extremely complex and dynamic data warehousing environment. We are looking for someone with the uncanny ability to integrate multiple heterogeneous data sources like Adobe Site Catalyst, Adobe Target, Sales Force, Adobe Connect with AWS central data warehouse and build efficient, flexible, and scalable data warehouse and reporting solutions. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using these technologies to enable upgrades of the existing platform. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, then build the data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing reporting applications.
A day in the life
A day in the life of a Engineer involves
- Working closely with BI engineers, software developers, product managers and other business stakeholders to solve unique business problems.
- Leverage new cloud architecture and data engineering patterns to ingest, transform and store data.
- Build and deliver high quality data solutions to support analysts, engineers and data scientists.
About the team
The core mission of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketing is to educate customers (engineers, CTOs, CIOs, and CEOs) about AWS services, and empower them on their journey to the cloud. Our services act as the foundation for announcing new AWS products and are uniquely positioned to redefine how our cloud community consumes information and engages with AWS.
The data engineering team builds and maintains the data infrastructure that enables the AWS marketers to execute marketing campaigns, target appropriate audience and measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and/or building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive/Spark
- Knowledge of python or any general purpose scripting language
- Graduate/Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Amazon Redshift or other distributed computing technology.
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing and UNIX/Linux based systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across various internal organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.