1075 Barrington St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H4P1
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. Why is this role important?Cooking School Coordinator - Atlantic Superstore
Loblaws is seeking a dynamic individual to coordinate cooking classes for adults and children
as well as conduct classes and parties for children 3-16 years of age.This Position Involves:
- Managing the scheduling and booking of the Cooking School Room activities, which include:
adult and children's cooking classes, community events and meetings, special events
and children's birthday parties.
- Scheduling class instructors and chefs to provide a great customer experience
in classes and events.
- Managing the cooking school facilities and administrative needs.
- Work closely with the Store Management on special projects
- Ensure all company and store policies are being followed
- Conducting classes for customers of all ages
- Previous culinary experience an asset.
- Previous experience in event planning an asset.
- A love for food and sharing food knowledge
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction while exercising mature judgment,
- Prioritization and organizational skills.
- Bilingual an asset
- Enjoyment in working with youth of all ages
- Early childhood studies or a related field in working with youth an asset;
- Experience in providing great Customer Service
- Ability to work evenings (one per week) and one weekend out of two
At Loblaw, it's about our respect for the environment, sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility and a benefits package.How You'll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us. Employment Type:
Part timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.