Permanent Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
Halifax Our Purpose
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office. Are you an experienced Controller with sharp technical and analytical skills and an exceptional client-service orientation based on trust and integrity? Join our Operate Finance team today.What will your typical day look like?
In joining our team, you will play an integral part of the engagement team for clients working across all industries. You will help businesses grow and succeed with the provision of comprehensive financial solutions, including outsourcing of accounting and finance functions and business advisory services. Thanks to the diversity of our client engagements, the scope of your role may include the responsibilities summarized below:
• Budgeting, forecasting, and cash flow analysis
• Period end financial reporting and working paper preparation for clients, as assigned
• Financial management
• Maintaining integrity of the accounting system and inputs
• Understanding, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment
• Client relations
• Supervising and mentoring accounting teamsAbout the team
Operate Finance is part of Deloitte's Assurance business and provides client service solutions to private enterprises across a variety of industries.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are an accounting practitioner with the following education, experience and attributes:
• Professional accounting designation required
• 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience; previous accounting firm experience a strong asset
• Accounting software literacy, ability to transact in multiple program and propensity to learn new software, as required
• Client-service orientation as demonstrated with strong oral and written communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office Suite proficiency (e.g., MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Job costing skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities leveraging sound attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Understanding, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as, on a teamOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive