CLK 09R - Team Assistant (Float)
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Richmond, BC V7C 4M9 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
$45,647.93 - $51,427.75 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Vancouver/Richmond Service Delivery Area
Job Summary Team Assistant
An eligibility list may be established for future regular and temporary vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Advance your administrative career with this rewarding opportunity
Do you have a desire to make a difference in someone's life? Do you have excellent customer service skills and strong administrative abilities?
The Ministry of Children and Family Development promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in BC. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
The Team Assistanthas a primary focus on providing day-to-day program support within the social services office.The position reports to the Office Manager, and receives direction from multiple stakeholders that include: social workers, Team Leaders, Managers and the immediate supervisor. The position is the point of contact for client intake which includes the general public.
The position requires an understanding of the challenges faced by clients, and potential clients, of the services and programs being offered and how the social services office relates outside the Ministry; with service providers, community organizations, and other public service organizations.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Julie.Yip @gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experienceas outlined below:
Preference may be given for:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (for example, GED).
- Minimum 1 year experience (within the last 3 years) providing administrative support in an office setting using various computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype)
- Minimum 6 months experience providing quality client service and responding to client needs in a professional manner.
- Minimum 6 months experience working independently and as a team member within a multi-disciplinary environment with other professional staff, clients and service providers.
- Who have a Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration.
- With more than 1 year experience (within the last 3 years) providing administrative support in an office setting.
- With more than 6 months experience providing quality client service and responding to client needs in a professional manner.
- With more than 6 months experience working independently and as a team member within a multi-disciplinary environment with other professional staff, clients and service providers.
- Who have experience using Ministry of Children and Family (MCFD) Integrated Case Management (ICM) and/or Management Information Systems (MIS) computer systems.
- Who have administrative experience working with vulnerable children and families in a human services or social services setting.
- Who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- This position may be required to travel and work within the service delivery area; you will be responsible for your own transportation to the various offices.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter required: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians