The Client Support Technician provides first tier problem diagnosis and response to calls, e-mails and self-serve requests
The Client Support Technician provides first tier problem diagnosis and response to calls, e-mails and self-serve requests from a variety of clients. The position functions in a high-volume environment with diverse and high impact problems. Service Desk services are delivered 24 X 7.
If you have a hands-on approach, are committed to providing service excellence, and are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity where you can be part of an exciting operation, we would like to hear from you! Position Title:
Client Support Technician Pay Range:
18 Number of Positions:
2 Annual Salary
: $67,290.21 to $76,779.63 Bi-weekly Salary:
$2,588.08 to $2,953.06 Bi-weekly Work Schedule:
75 hours Location:
Regional (optional telework), must reside in BC Job Type:
Auxiliary Auxiliary Term
: ending September 29, 2023 Closing Date:
This posting will remain open and will be used to fill auxiliary vacancies as needed Responsibilities:
Position Requirements: Experience in the following:
- Identifies, analyzes, documents, obtains details, and resolves technical and nontechnical problems from clients via phone, email, and automated tickets.
- Uses a systematic problem-solving process to diagnose problems and resolve.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to users in the operation of software and hardware, as well as operating and network systems.
- Logs calls to record details in order to provide problem determination, trend analysis, escalation, and timely resolution.
- Consistently produces high quality incident and call tickets.
- Assigns appropriately to other support groups incidents that cannot be resolved at the service desk.
- Authors and reviews technical documentation for ISM knowledge base.
- Acts as a subject matter expert or focal point for specific service areas.
- Keeps Manager informed of high priority issues and problems.
- Depending upon operational requirements, may assist other units including:
- maintaining the Asset Database which enables the client to monitor which assets are allocated to Client Users;
- monitoring the IMAC perform queue throughout the province and installing basic software and/or performing hardware moves
- assisting with ID Admin Workstation create and modify requests.
- creating, modifying and deleting IDs, adhering to specified approval processes; creating and deleting email accounts, addresses and calendars.
- providing on-site and remote information systems technology assistance and resolution of routine and non-routine problems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving PC hardware and software issues, including Microsoft Windows Operating System issues.
- Providing first level customer facing phone and email support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems in a networked office environment, including a range of technology such as printers, computers, peripherals and mobile devices.
Skills and Abilities we are looking for:
Additional information for applicants:
- An excellent communicator able to connect with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, both orally and in writing, and discuss complex and technical information at an appropriate level with the goal of providing a service.
- An individual able to deal effectively with resistant, demanding and sometimes frustrated individuals or groups at various levels within the customer organization while remaining focused on outcomes, and responding appropriately.
- A team player willing to contribute to the team objectives by providing assistance or service to other team members and resolving issues that affect the team.
- A proactive individual who organizes and manages fluctuating workload effectively, efficiently and independently in a variety of operational settings, achieving results within the assigned time frames.
- An individual who enjoys research and investigation. It includes assessing problems and situations, referring to applicable policies and guidelines, and identifying practical and creative options to develop or recommend appropriate courses of action.
- A resourceful individual who applies information technology to efficiently troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software problems with computers, printers, peripherals and handheld devices A customer-oriented individual committed to quality of work and service excellence
In order to be considered for this position, please visit https://www.ismcanada.com/careers to complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
This position can be done virtually, however, the candidate has to reside in the Province of British Columbia, due to the union certification requirements. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Temporary
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Junior Level