Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.Job Skills / Requirements
Responsible for developing and maintaining Paladin Security Group's security programs for Paladin Nova Scotia healthcare contracts throughout the province of Nova Scotia; developing and coordinating implementation strategies to support the program; and evaluating the capacity of Paladin staff to respond effectively to security and fire safety emergencies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the development of short and long range goals and objectives, ensuring that such plans support the goals, policies, and vision of Paladin Security Group.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and evaluates the security programs for Paladins contracts.
- Oversees and schedules the appropriate resources to ensure all of the company's contractual obligations are met.
- Takes ownership of staff and client issues and supports the timely response to both groups.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with the clients in the portfolio.
- Performs interviews to support Human Resources to ensure sufficient resources are available to meet the companys contractual obligations.
- Ensures there are thorough site training and employee orientation programs in place at all sites within the portfolio.
- Visits with clients and the staff assigned to the sites regularly and ensure the needs of both the client and staff are met.
- Monitors all accounts receivable of clients within the portfolio and assists accounting when needed to ensure all accounts are kept up to date.
- Monitors daily and nightly reports and Incident Reports and takes appropriate action on the reports that are related to sites within the portfolio.
- Ensures overall coordination of Paladin contract security plans by: developing and maintaining the security program, developing and maintaining facility plans and related documentation, coordinating and evaluating security and fire safety system and process testing requirements, ensuring regulatory requirements are met, and providing direction to related committees within the Paladin health care contracts.
- Supports other Paladin wide programs by delivering education/awareness sessions on security issues as required from time to time.
- A graduate degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related discipline and specialized training in protection services or criminology; or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of three years supervisory/managerial experience in security and / or fire safety services.
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy.
- Must have strong leadership, social interaction and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to write and present proposals to large organizations.
- An interest in golf or other social activity used to build client relationships would be considered an asset.
- Creative ability to foster new and better ways to perform and succeed.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally.Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Post secondary education in law enforcement from a recognized insititution or equivalent experienceCertification Requirements (Any)
Valid Class 5 LicenseAdditional Information / Benefits
All interested applicants must complete the online application and submit a resume and cover letter, detailing your suitability for the position.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time
position Monday - Friday
Relocation is not required and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security