Business Growth Executive – Halifax
Interested in being a part of the MSC family?
Who is MSC? Behind every one of our containers, our 550 container vessels, sailing on over 200 trade routes, you’ll also find a whole lot of company with people that love what they do and the company they work for.
Working at MSC, you are part of a continuously evolving organization. Employees don’t only facilitate ocean transport, they aspire and achieve professional growth.
- Are you passionate or interested in learning about maritime shipping & logistics?
- Are you entrepreneurial at heart and want to be a part of a family owned company?
- Are you a people person who cares for others?
- Are you a dedicated and committed individual who believes in continuously evolving?
If so, read below to see if this position is right for you!
The Business growth team is responsible for generating sales with existing customers and developing opportunities with new customers. The Key objective is to increase the amount of revenue with all existing and new clientele. As we continue to grow and strengthen our number one market share position in Canada, we are seeking an aggressive sales professional to bolster our presence in the Halifax market in a significant fashion.
The Business Growth Executive’s main role is to increase sales revenue and volume for MSC Canada and is responsible for establishing contact with new and existing customers, identifying new opportunities and following up on potential leads that are assigned to them. The Incumbent will monitor industry trends to identify markets and to develop plans to expand revenue and volume. Business growth Executives are expected to increase volumes on a monthly basis to meet budget standards established by the commercial team. We're searching for someone with a proven track record in Sales, a true "hunter" and entrepreneurial mindset with a strong capacity to qualify, build and manage the sales pipeline and that is highly motivated by sales commission.
- Develop and execute an aggressive growth plan for the Halifax market
- Be the main focal point of contact for certain accounts, including all commercial and service elements.
- Aggressive and tenacious prospecting, using multiple methods
- Understand the complete commercial opportunities of each account and handle all commercial requests in an effort to support and drive growth or MSC Canada.
- Provide all necessary service requirements deemed needed by certain accounts and continue to be the key contact to ensuring all requirements are met within the organization by reporting and ensuring KPI metrics are met.
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients over the phone or by email in a timely manner. (i.e.: follow-ups, updates and announcements).
- Understand and identify at all times the business currently moving and historically moving with the portfolio accounts.
- Complete mandated sales calls on a weekly basis with all prepared and necessary documents (minimum 12-15 face to face visits per week)
- Enter relative information into the sales portal.
- Report on opportunities and discussions from weekly sales calls within our internal in-house system
- Monitor sales targets (TEU) to be achieved (weekly, monthly, annually)
- Participate in in-person meetings with customers.
- Attend required business functions, during and after business hours, to represent the commercial team of MSC Canada and further build our market presence within Canada.
Qualifications and competencies
All MSC Canada employees are expected to exhibit the MSC Values, striving to drive customer centric results in all interactions with colleagues and customers alike.
- Enthusiastic and energetic individual with an entrepreneurial attitude
- fearlessness when it comes to hunting new business
- Willing to learn and grow professionally
- Enjoys a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Proven ability to take initiative and set priorities: demonstrates a high sense of urgency as well as an ability to work independently; Prompt and consistent in initiating or following up on client requests/issues; approach problems logically and with demonstrated good judgment
- Demonstrates well-developed negotiation and interpersonal skills: comfortable with a variety of people at all organizational levels
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task: able to manage the workload and their time effectively, attaining specified targets, ensuring accuracy, correctness and speed are maintained, when deadlines are tight and the pressure is on
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: is adept at growing and maintaining productive business relationships; communicates in a clear, professional manner; consistently courteous and respectful with a highly developed sense of integrity and understanding of their role
- Completed Bachelors
- 5+ years-experience within the transportation/shipping industry
- 5+ years previous Business to Business Sales experience
- Advanced Excel and a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
Great people who work hard and look out for each other because we’re a team—it’s that simple!
Just to name a few of our perks:
- 100% health and dental benefits coverage
- RRSP coverage with MSC Canada matching a portion of employee contribution
- Tailored training program opportunities for employee development
- Employee mentorship, leadership and assistance opportunities
- An employee referral incentive program
- Community Involvement
- Health & Wellness Program
Hurry, and apply now!
MSC Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in MSC Canada however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sales and Marketing