At WSP our Technology team are providing Security, IT and AV systems to position WSP as a leader in the market. We're looking for a Building Technology Consultant to join the Atlantic Technology team and to be located at our Dartmouth, NS office or another office in the Maritimes. Reporting to the Manager of Technology you will oversee large security projects throughout the region.Why WSP?
A Canadian success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Information Technology Infrastructure and Technology systems design specifically in the following:
- IT Cabling Infrastructure, Network and Technology
- Security Systems
- Audio Visual Systems
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and government drafting standards.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Contribute to maintaining WSP quality assurance approaches and methodologies.
- Working individually or collaboratively with the local and Technology Team and other disciplines within the business.
- You'll do: Concept Design Narratives, Schematic Design, Detailed Design, Construction Documents, Tender Review, Project Coordination, Construction Administration and Project Closeout.
- You'll write brief's, reports, specifications and proposals
- You'll conduct workshops and presentations both throughout the course of the project and in an effort to secure new business
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart;
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure, security, AV and or other building systems would be considered an asset.
- Good writing skills including report writing and specification writing
- Ability to create and interpret technical documents including reports, diagrams, drawings and specifications.
- A flexible approach to the working environment
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrable experience managing large security projects
- Must have experience in writing proposals and bids, and understand project finance, contracts and commercials.
- Ability to obtain a Public Works and Government Services Canada Level 2 security clearance and work in a secure environment.
- Must be willing to travel periodically and as required for project assignments.
- Must hold valid driver's license and have a vehicle for travel to project sites.
Expected Salary (all locations): $81,700 - $139,000
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it might pay and offer for this position, based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to internal equity and specific geographic location. WSP Canada reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by provincial and/or federal law. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive