You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
As a Bookkeeping Technician, you will be responsible for all day to day accounting and bookkeeping functions related to each client you serve. The role provides the opportunity for much technical learning and growth. You are a business partner to each owner and management group you provide services to and will be expected to learn each client's financial position inside and out!
This role is ideal for someone who is not only tech savvy but willing to put in the time and effort to ensure a lasting positive impact on both our clients and KPMG. *This position is not for future CPA candidates. Recruiting for CPA candidate roles will begin in Fall 2021. What you will do
You will be part of a growing national team supporting weekly, monthly and quarterly engagements across a diverse group of industries and deliver on a variety of assignments for clients including:
- Preparation of review and notice to reader working paper files, including preparation of unaudited financial statements and notes in accordance with established standards
- Preparation of corporate income tax returns
- Bookkeeping to complete the files, occasionally on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of bank balances, credit card transactions, and other transactional balances specific to the client
- Maintain relevant documentation as backup to support journal entries made in the financial statements
- Ongoing communication with clients and their representatives throughout the year
- Financial analysis as needed
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their role. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
• 2-3 years' relevant work experience with exposure to a variety of industries, preferably in a multi-client environment
• Accounting/business diploma/certificate or equivalent work experience
• Experience with payroll, data entry, GSH/HST filings and experience in accounting for investments is crucial
• Strong technology/software skills including experience with TaxPrep, QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online (QBO)
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Excellent client services skills and communication with an aptitude to understand the client business and maintain strong client relationships
• Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties Keys to your success:
• Being diligent and detail oriented when preparing reports or other deliverables
• Being driven to continuously learn and grow from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities
• Desire to learn and keep on top of new developments within the app ecosystem
• Working hard and smart to meet business needs at key times of pressure for the final deliverable to the client Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.