Permanent Reference code
: 108621 Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
Halifax; Fredericton; Moncton; Regina; Saint John; WinnipegOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coachingThe Operate Finance team is rapidly growing and we are looking for highly collaborative professionals to build our service! We are continuously seeking additional resources to join the team.
Do you enjoy the remote working environment and the flexibility it provides? Are you an accounting professional with sharp technical and analytical skills and an exceptional client-service orientation based on trust and integrity? We want to hear from you!What will your typical day look like?
Each day will be different and rewarding as you work on bookkeeping and accounting engagements. Leveraging technology-enabled software, you will be completing full cycle accounting. This would include processing financial transactions into accounting software for accounts payable, receivable and preparing bank reconciliations, and journal entries. You will also be working with various software solutions, preparing month end files and investing and resolving irregulates or inquiries. You will thrive in a fast-paced client service-oriented environment with the support of your team and its leaders.About the team
Operate Finance is part of Deloitte's Assurance business and provides client service solutions to private enterprises across a variety of industries.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are an accounting practitioner with the following education, experience and attributes:
Our shared values
- Business Administration - Accounting diploma from recognized community college or university degree with concentration in accounting/finance
- Accounting software literacy and ability to transact in multiple programs including, but not limited to QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Xero
- Payroll experience or training an asset
- MS Office Suite proficiency (e.g., MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Keen attention to detail
- Data entry with high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Client-service orientation as demonstrated with strong oral and written communication skills
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by (insert date)
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping, Data Entry, Finance, Administrative
Apply now "
Banking, Finance and Insurance Quality Assurance