Permanent Reference code
:105107 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary; Edmonton; Fredericton; Halifax; Moncton; Montreal; Ottawa; Regina; Saskatoon; Vancouver; Winnipeg Our Purpose
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Build a network of colleagues for life.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.Join the People Experience team! What will your typical day look like?
The Wellness and Benefits Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Specialty Services, and will be leading some of the firm's more sensitive leave programs, ensuring the individual feels supported prior to going on leave, while away and on their return to work. To achieve this, you will:
About the team
- Support effective coordination, administration and advancement of the Short Term and Long Term Disability portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Liaise with insurance providers including the review of ongoing cases;
- Perform intake calls and maintain communication with employees during their leave;
- Guide employees through the Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability application process and provide support as needed (benefits claims, workplace issues, gradual return to work plans etc.);
- Connect with employees requesting caregiver or compassionate care leave;
- Review and development of leadership and employee communication materials to support disability and other leaves;
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders regarding employee leaves, workplace issues and departure/terminations relating to Short Term Disability;
- Identify enhancements in support of creating efficiencies;
- Process monthly invoice for Short Term Disability assessor services, and other ad hoc invoices as necessary;
- Respond to and redirect HR inquiries appropriately.
People Experience is a tiered, centralized team, providing a scalable platform to respond to changing business needs, and drive continuous improvement across the Culture and People Office function. The team is the face of HR to the business and delivers people inquiry, intake management, program services, and people leader services (aligned to lifecycle stage and Workplace Experience pillars). With a focus on the employee journey, People Experience delivers end-to-end operational experiences through defined processes that are standard for all business segments.
The Wellness and Benefits Specialist aligns underthe People Experience team. This team provides administrative, transactional and specialized operational support to meet business needs through end-to-end lifecycle consultation with exceptional customer service.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
Our shared values
- Approximately 3 - 4 years of benefits and corporate wellness experience or equivalent HR function experience, ideally in a large (5,000 to 10,000 employee), national, multi-discipline, multi-location environment;
- Ability to build relationships and to collaborate effectively with other internal business stakeholders;
- Strong willingness to learn and is able to communicate ideas on improving employee health and wellness;
- Impressive attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to translate data into trends and insights;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, which you use to forge strong connections and work collaboratively across all levels of the firm;
- Demonstrates professionalism when dealing with employees, vendors and confidential and sensitive information;
- Relevant university or college degree (HR, Business, Organizational Health); CCP designation or in progress would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft is an asset; and
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a requirement.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
HR, Developer, Equity, ERP, PeopleSoft, Human Resources, Technology, Finance