EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to join our Business Development team as an Account Manager. This is a pivotal role in our account structure, working alongside our account team members including the Client Partner (CP), Client Executive (CE) and Engagement Delivery Partners to drive revenue growth, identify opportunity in the market and strengthen relationships on multiple accounts that are of strategic importance to EY.
Your key responsibilities
This role is focused on high-impact, high-value activities in all aspects of account management, including: Account Governance
• Serves as a key connector for the account team driving the account strategy and activation. • Continually build upon the EY Account Management Framework and bring the full breadth of the firm to the account (e.g. technology, Investment/Funding, Service Lines). • Monitors reports and presents on account KPIs such as revenue, client relationship activity, sales forecast and pursuits. • Leading/co-leading the account planning processes and meetings. • Track and highlight account investments to internal and external clients. • Brings valuable insight to the account team by doing market scans on news/media, publications, investor/earning presentations, while also utilisng EY's internal resources. • Works closely with Account Coordinators to support account operations and account administrative activity. • Develop and manage central client communications globally (e.g., client newsletters, value scorecard, event invites). Client Relationships
• Builds deep knowledge of the clients in the portfolio, their strategies and business issues. • Helps account team identify key client stakeholders; develop client relationship strategy and power maps. • Identifies opportunities to engage with target clients and collaborates with CE and/or offering leaders on driving solutions to market. • Owns and manages select client relationships, as identified by CP (e.g. Procurement/Sourcing, EY Alumni, etc.). • Actively drive relationship programs to develop consistent, value-add client experiences (e.g. D&I strategy by client priorities, targeted alumni workshops, utilizing EY's offering for interactive client workshops). Go-to-Market Activation
• Actively promotes the activation of solutions, and services across the account through ideation of opportunities and teaming with account team members on demand generation activities. • Plans and monitors client feedback program and win/loss reviews to generate key client insights, as appropriate assists with client feedback interviews and be viewed as a Voice of the Client. • Promotes pursuit excellence and assists in creating a WIN strategy and power maps on proposals. • Determines, drives and ensures distribution of thought leadership, global growth platforms, and alumni initiatives across account portfolio. • Acts as interface with global sector for account industry needs (Subject Matter Resource, Solutions, Networks); Inter-connect account team centrally and to the broader sector. • Drives integrated service line planning and activity across account. • Acts as subject matter expert and coach the team on EY's Sales and Account Management Framework (ex: immersive selling, Wavespace, building client trust, etc.). Skills and attributes for success
• Proven ability to build trusted relationships, both internal and external. • Demonstrated success in large matrix organizations. • Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to review reports, interpret data and identify trends; a healthy sense of curiosity. • Time Management skills - ability to meet deadlines, prioritise and manage projects to the end. • Ability to work independently and in a team environment, collaborate effectively with other functional groups within EY. • An executive presence; energetic and engaging style. • The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment. To qualify for the role, you must have
• A Bachelor's or post-graduate degree is required. • Minimum 7-10 years relevant experience, including previous experience with complex account management and/or business development. • Project management experience is desirable. Ideally, you'll also have
• Professional services knowledge is an asset What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive Operations and Logistics