Join us and inspire with every cup!
At Starbucks, it's all about connection. People are at the heart of who we are, especially the people that are a part of our store team. We connect with each other, our customers and our communities to make a positive impact every day. We believe in working together to make a difference and in celebrating our shared success, which is why we call ourselves Starbucks "partners." Starbucks is a place of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome, and we value the unique experiences that each partner brings to our team!
As a Starbucks barista
, you'll create the Starbucks Experience for our customers through excellent service and expertly-crafted products. You'll be in an energetic store environment where you'll have the ability to master your food & beverage craft, work alongside friends and meet new people every day. A cup of coffee and smile can go a long way, and we believe our baristas have the power to be the best moment in each customer's day. True to Our Mission & Values, working together we can inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time. You'd make a great barista if you:
- Consider yourself a "people person," and enjoy meeting others.
- Love working as a team and appreciate the chance to collaborate.
- Understand how to create a great customer service experience.
- Have a focus on quality and take pride in your work.
- Are open to learning new things (especially the latest beverage recipe!)
- Are comfortable with responsibilities like cash-handling and store safety.
- Can keep cool and calm in a fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Can maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Have excellent communications skills.
From free coffee to competitive pay, Starbucks is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to our eligible part-time and full-time partners. Benefits include tuition reimbursement, health coverage with a variety of plans to choose from, and stock & savings programs like our equity reward program, Bean Stock. What's more, Starbucks offers flexible scheduling and opportunities for paid time off. Visit starbucksbenefits.ca for details. Summary of Experience
- Good news! No previous experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of colour, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal, provincial and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Restaurants and Food Service