BAND 3 - Service Design Chapter Lead Position Classification
Band 3 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)Salary Range
$80,800.00 - $ 114,400.02 annually Close Date
3/31/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services Ministry Branch / Division
Information Management Branch/Enterprise Services Job Summary An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The Information Management Branch (IMB) is a diverse team of digital professionals with a passion for teamwork, learning, and iterative improvement. We're at the forefront of modernizing how to build and support digital products within the Ministry of Citizens' Services.
The Service Design Chapter Lead leads the branch's service Design Guild, working closely with other branch Chapter Leads and Guilds in support of the successful design, delivery and ongoing management of digital products that make up sector's the high-quality services. The Chapter Lead also supervises IT professionals, brings knowledge and expertise on Human-Centered Design, and enhances this capability on their team and within the Ministry.Job Requirements:
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, business administration or a discipline related to the management of IT professionals and/or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent, related experience in:
- Providing leadership and direction to/in agile teams,
- Leading the continual improvement of software development operations within an Agile framework,
- Leading initiatives to enhance the skills and capacity of IT professionals working in agile teams, and
- Supervising and coaching IT professionals.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Relevant training or certification related to Agile and/or Scrum Methodology
- Recent experience in open source, cloud platforms and digital services.
- Experience working with BC Government's Digital Framework and Digital Principles and Policy Chapter 12: IM/IT Management
For questions regarding this position, please contact Christie.Spiteri@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.This position may be performed in approved locations within the province of BC.
This position is excluded from union membership.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Online Questionnaire: YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive