The objective of our Centre of Excellence (COE) is to inspire the confidence and trust that help enable a complex world to work. EY's Assurance COE helps to support organizations in promoting investor confidence, managing regulatory responsibilities and supporting long-term, sustainable economic growth. The opportunity
Within EY's Assurance practice, we have a Centre of Excellence (COE) located in Halifax, Nova Scotia that predominantly performs remote delivery work in the areas of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (NI 52-109 and Sarbanes Oxley) and other Assurance related procedures. We are currently seeking a Staff or Senior to join this growing team. The successful candidate will participate in client engagement teams, whereby he/she will be assessing, improving and evaluating/testing our clients' business and Information Technology (IT) processes and controls. The successful candidate will also assist engagement teams with performing substantive procedures and/or engagement specific procedures.
You will have the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to our clients in the following key areas:
• Controls around Financial Processes Your key responsibilities
• IT General Controls
• Application Controls
• Analyze business, financial and IT systems, and other data processing problems to identify risks and improvements in controls framework of various business processes. Skills and attributes for success
• Assist clients in strengthening internal controls and business performance.
• Ensure high quality in client service informing supervisors of engagement status and managing staff performance (where applicable).
• Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
• Maintain long-term client relationships and networks.
• College and/or University degree/diploma in Business or IT preferred What we look for
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry About EY
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance