Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Private Wealth Management takes a sophisticated and holistic goals discovery approach to wealth planning and protection to provide highly personalized advice, solutions and service to clients.TD Private Investment Advice
offers clients the chance to create one-on-one relationship with a dedicated and professional Investment Advisor, while maintaining active participation in decisions regarding their investment portfolio. It's a very special and supportive place to begin - and grow - a lasting, progressive and rewarding career in wealth. Job Description
Are you a dedicated account manager in tune to the needs of high value brokerage clients? Can you provide professional and flawless service delivery in support of your designated Investment Advisor and team of Advisors? Then, the role of Associate Investment Advisor (Generalist)
might be the right fit for you.
This role is responsible for supporting the lead Investment Advisor (IA) or a team of IAs by acting on their behalf through the delivery of advice and planning support, client management and business development. In this role, you will provide dedicated investment support to client accounts within the IAs book of business to help them achieve client advisory and business goals.
Furthermore, you will:
- Manage the client base, understanding the needs of the client and delivering products and services which fit their needs
- Provide high quality investment advice, across the full range of products (registered and non-registered, equities, fixed income, foreign, domestic and more) to ensure full client satisfaction
- Demonstrate financial planning expertise to produce high quality plans through a well-developed and documented Investment and Wealth Planning process
- Solve moderately complex problems, exercise judgment and work within broad guidelines to independently perform tasks from end to end, acting as a point of escalation as required
- Oversee projects or work streams within broader projects and provide mentorship
- Refer clients and may collaborate and partner professionally with other TD areas (e.g. TD Canada Trust, TD Commercial Bank, TD Securities)
- Direct support staff in the professional and personable delivery of client service
- Assist in the achievement of business goals by dedicatedly attracting, acquiring and retaining customers and referrals
- Maintain a culture of risk management, adhere to internal policies and procedures
- Monitor service quality and productivity; implement continuous improvement
- Keep current on emerging trends and keep others informed and up to date on work status, progress
- Participate fully as a team member, support a positive professional team environment and willingly assist, coach and guide others in the completion and performance of work activities
- Undergraduate Degree or Community College Diploma with over 3 years of experience in working directly with, or in support of, the wealth management needs of clients
- Licensed with Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) as a Registered Representative (RR) requirement to maintain license in good standing
- Insurance licensed (LLQP in Quebec) or willingness to do so within 1 year
- Optional: Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) designation, Certified Financial Accountant (CFA), Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Robust conceptual and practical knowledge within an area of expertise and in broader areas
- Strong communication skills with ability to build relationships and work confidentially, independently as well as in a team
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance