Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
650 Portland St, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B2W 6A3
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion. Assistant Store Manager, In Training - Atlantic Superstore - **multiple locations within the Maritime Provinces** (ASMIT program launch date on or before January 2023. Periodic travel during the training program will be required.)
As part of our Store Leadership Team we are looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
As an Assistant Store Manager in Training (ASMIT) you will join a team focused on training, developing your skillset and preparing you for this exciting leadership role. Upon successful completion of the training program you will be assigned to a home store.
Generally speaking, we have two roles under the ASM position:
Replenishment - Your area of responsibility includes departments such as grocery, dairy, frozen, general merchandise, Joe Fresh apparel, health and wellness, etc.
Fresh - All fresh departments such as Bakery, Meat, Seafood, HMR, Deli, etc.
Are you an individual who is...
Inspired by food? Committed to excellent service? So are we.
At Loblaw, we are Food Lovers! We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace. No Previous Retail Experience? At Loblaw, we offer a comprehensive onboarding program to the successful applicant. While the successful applicant may benefit from having previous Retail Store Experience, we are on the lookout for a candidate with previous management experience who possesses a strong 'emotional intelligence' mindset approach, strong leadership and communication skillset, and willing to learn and take on a new career in Retail.
Why is this ASM In Training role important?
We're looking for Talented Passionate Leaders with a proven record of delighting customers and growing sales. As an Assistant Store Manager in one of our stores, you will have an immediate impact on sales and customer satisfaction:
Upon successful completion of this ASM In training program...
What you'll do:
- Anticipate the needs of our customers and put them first in all that you do
- Lead, coach and motivate your Department Manager team and colleagues to achieve success and foster colleague growth
- Be involved in community initiatives to build long term relationships with the communities.
- Be committed to maintaining merchandising, operational standards and be accountable for financial objectives
- In the absence of the Store Manager, execute and manage the day-to-day operations of the store
- Provide input to the Store Manager to help shape business strategy within the store.
- Perform elevated 'Manager on Duty' responsibilities as assigned.
What you'll need:
- Exceptional customer service skills and a talent for building customer loyalty and community relationships
- Demonstrated ability to improve productivity, engagement and retention within your area of responsibility and the entire store.
- Experience managing retail operations within the grocery or a comparable industry or other comparable Leadership positions with transferrable skillset.
- Strong financial acumen to deliver business results
- Commitment to delivering consistent results, everyday
- Ability to participate and actively support the store within the community
- A strong emotional intelligence philosophy
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.