Audit & Assurance Job Type:
Permanent Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Halifax Assurance Services group is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
A career in Audit Assurance will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise
- Develop client focused solutions through research and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients operating in various industries on a variety of unique engagements
Accounting & Transaction Assurance
This established practice will continue to serve as the core Accounting Advisory "center of excellence". Those joining the team will focus on Complex Accounting & Transaction Expertise and Accounting Standards Implementation Services focusing on three primary industry sectors including financial services, real estate and the public sector. We are looking for professionals conversant in IFRS, US GAAP, ASPE (Accounting Standards for Private Entities), and PSAS (Public Sector Accounting Standards).
As an Assistant Manager / Manager in Assurance Services you will:
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of Accounting and Transaction Assurance projects
- Serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country, as the opportunity arises
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Effectively manage engagement teams and mentor and develop junior members
External Posting Qualifications
- Must have a CPA, CA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with public companies
- Must possess strong audit & advisory technical skills (GAAP, securities and regulatory perspectives) and solid knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP accounting standards
- Experience in the public sector, real estate or financial services industry is a strong preference.
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching accounting standards and related interpretive guidance
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done")
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French is an asset
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply