Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Assembler is primarily responsible to produce sets of wires to documentation and quality standards and repair/fabricate parts as needed. Work is normally performed under direct supervision in a production line/team environment in the Bedford facility.
As an Assembler, your main responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Cuts and terminates wires to standard documentation using various pieces of equipment, including a computer based automatic wire cut and strip machine
- Repetitive electrical assembly and subassembly using hand tools, including powered, solder irons and wire crimpers
- Works from documentation set including wiring lists, assembly drawings and work instructions
- Repairs damaged or incorrect parts and fabricates parts /assembly aids as needed
- Applies spray coating application to Printed Wiring Boards and assemblies
- Operates within standard operating procedures and to quality standards
- Assembling, modifying, reworking, and repairing electronic and electrical assemblies
- Performs other light assembly work as directed
What you require to be successful in the role:
- Possession of a High School Diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Minimum of 0 to 5 years of related work experience within a fast-paced electronics manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of soldering an asset
- Manual Dexterity
- Able to interpret blueprints
- Familiarity with various power tools, including band saw, drill press, bend brake, etc.
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- Must follow company safety policy
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Benefits of working with DRS Pivotal Power:
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- An opportunity to work on industry leading edge technology
- Compressed work week to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Industry leading wellness program including:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage available on first day of hire at no cost to the employee with access to virtual healthcare
- Access to Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive compensation including:
- Reimbursement for professional development initiatives and memberships plus access to free online learning resources
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with matching company contributions with access to complimentary financial planning
- Maternity and Parental leave top-up
- Vacation, personal days, sick leave, and additional company paid days off
About DRS Pivotal Power:
DRS Pivotal Power Inc., a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS, is a leader in the development and manufacture of high reliability power conversion equipment for mission critical military applications. DRS Pivotal Power is part of the Naval Electronics Canada Group.
All applicants must fulfill requirements for Canadian security clearance.
Applicants requiring a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process are to advise Human Resources. DRS Pivotal Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers.
Manufacturing and Production