In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald's history. In 1967, the first McDonald's Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we've been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald's Canada is proud to be one of the world's leading foodservice retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
McDonald's Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees.
Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today! Job Description
• Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of staff who prepare and serve food
• Helps maintain standards for raw and finished product quality, service and speed, quality and cleanliness
• Helps maintain records for safety
• Completes assigned shift paperwork
• Monitors and maintains wastage during shift
• Trains and coaches staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
• Ensures that food and service meet quality control standards
• Knows and helps to enforce and educate crew on all appropriate personnel policies and and security and safety procedures.
• Shares knowledge and experience with crew
• Ability to work shifts (evening and/or weekends) Qualifications
• Effective communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates willingness to learn
• Customer service oriented
• Active team player
• Remains calm under pressure
• Reliable and dependable
• Excellent work habits (Verified with job duties checklist)
• Integrity and honesty in personal and professional behaviour
• Holds self and others accountable
• Problem solving and conflict resolution
• Completion of High School education
• Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills
• Several years of restaurant or related experience Additional Information
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Supervises, directs and co-ordinates the activities of crew members during his/her shift. The Area Manager (Food Service Supervisor) ensures that outstanding quality, service, cleanliness and optimum business results are delivered on assigned shifts.