5151 George Street
Job Family Group:
MUST HAVE: Core/Java Development experience, API, Microservices, PL/SQL, Spring, Kafka
The ideal candidates understands that the success of a developer is to understand the core business processes of the business unit and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy.Accountabilities
Required skills and experience -
- Conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements.
- Writes, configures, and integrates code to create the software that aligns with architecture patterns and technology strategy.
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system.
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Works toward the objective of defect free software.
- Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote the development of common assets.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems.
- Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (i.e. performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Walks the extra mile to resolve critical issues to avoid any impact to business or customers.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Perform weekend production changes on assigned days of the year
- Collaborate with global teams across North America, Europe and Asia for project delivery
We're here to help
- Strong knowledge in Enterprise Java, Multi-threading, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, REST API, Hibernate, Microservices
- Expertise with DevOps technologies - Maven, BitBucket, Ansible, Artifactory, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Analytical SQL functions, dynamic SQL, SQL loaders in any of the databases - Oracle, Postgres or Greenplum
- Experience with ETL for batch jobs, micro-batch jobs and near real-time messaging
- Nice to have Capital Markets domain and familiarity with asset classes and post-trade processing cycle
- Knowledge and practice of Agile development methodology
- Experience with performance tuning of queries
- Production level experience on Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes and Apache/Confluence Kafka
- At least 6 years experience in developing Java based applications
- Good written and oral communication skills
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.