Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a part time Anchor/Reporter!CityNews 95.7 is #1 for breaking news in Halifax and we're looking for someone who can connect with our listeners on all platforms. We are passionate about information and helping people navigate this ever-changing world.
The news division of Rogers Sports and Media includes CityNews 95.7, our 5 other news radio stations across Canada, CityNews TV and OMNI TV - we work as one team to deliver the most up to date and trusted information to our listeners and viewers.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- You will be a part of a dedicated and hard-working team reporting on breaking news events throughout the day and on occasion deliver newscasts on CityNews 95.7.
- You'll also show off your social media skills, keeping our avid readers up to date on all of our platforms.
- You'll also act as a backup editor for other dayparts as assigned by the News Director
Here's what you can expect in return:
- People rely on CityNews 95.7 now more than ever, and we need a dependable, smart, news junkie who loves working in a team environment
- The successful candidate will have experience a background in reporting, a good knowledge of newswriting style and be comfortable in front of a microphone.
- You follow CityNews 95.7 on its digital platforms and have ideas for its growth
- You can roll with the speed and unpredictability of breaking news and thrive in an environment where no day is the same!
- People can count on you to bring your best every day
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Schedule: Part time
Shift: Flex Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 6080 Young St. 9th Floor (003), Halifax, NS
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 261344
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Halifax, NS, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Part Time, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications