Are you a current student looking to pursue either a Coop term or Internship? At Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, while leveraging a diverse and powerful network to solve our clients' most pressing concerns and complex challenges.What will your typical day look like?
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
As an Analyst in Assurance you will:
About the team
- Serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country, as the opportunity arise
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of Accounting and Transaction Assurance projects
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Participate in current state findings workshops in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procure to pay, financial close, reporting, etc.)
- Understand and document companies' IT architectures as well as conduct research into financial systems
- Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of, finance effectiveness and visioning workshops
- Document companies' key performance metrics as well as visualize these metrics using visualization tools
Our Assurance team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. Our core services include, new standards implementation services, accounting framework conversion, securities offering services, IPO readiness, accounting and reporting for transactions, CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and Technology Advisory. We are looking for professionals with strong problem solving skills (diagnostic and solution development), a breadth of knowledge with respect to the operational aspects of financial reporting and strong facilitation skills.Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Is working towards the completion of an undergraduate degree and pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program. You also have the intention to pursue a CPA designation.
- Must possess strong technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, ASPE, and internal controls and risk
- Ability to approach engagements with a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options) and with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Strong facilitation, presentation skills, communication skills (both written and verbal) and problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Experience with Tableau as well as ERP systems (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics suite, NetSuite, etc.) is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by September 18, 2019, 11:59PM. Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE combined file.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped
is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production