Permanent Primary Location:
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be. Interested in joining a team that will help you develop and hone your skills, expand your network and be a key member in the growth of a firm? Check out the opportunity below!What will your typical day look like?
You will participate in technical accounting diagnostics and developing position papers; Participate in current state findings workshops in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procure to pay, financial close, reporting, etc.); Understand and document companies' IT architectures as well as conduct research into financial systems; Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of workshops; Document companies' key performance metrics as well as visualize these metrics using visualization tools; Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally; Develop and lead communications relevant to our professionals and clients. About the team
Our Assurance group is composed of the Finance and Accounting & Transaction Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. As an analyst, you would be part of both these teams to gain unique and broad experiences.
Our Assurance Finance Team, focuses on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization.
Our Accounting & Transaction Advisory Team focuses on researching and developing accounting solutions, assisting with the adoption of new standards, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone :
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA designation
- Who possess strong technical skills (e.g. GAAP, controls, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of IFRS, Public Sector Standards, US GAAP, ASPE, internal controls and risk
- Who has the ability to approach engagements and requirements with a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- With strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- With broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities), problem solving skills, knowledge of project management discipline and structure
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production