Permanent Reference code
:118121 Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
Halifax, NS Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
-- Interested in joining a team that will help you develop and hone your skills, expand your network and be a key member in the growth of a firm? Check out the opportunity below!What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
About the team
- Participate in technical accounting/finance function diagnostics
- Participate in current state findings workshops in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procure to pay, financial close, reporting, etc.)
- Understand and document companies' IT architectures as well as conduct research into financial systems
- Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of workshops
- Document companies' key performance metrics as well as visualize these metrics using visualization tools
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
- Develop and lead communications relevant to our professionals and clients
- Opportunity to work with and gain subject matter expertise in cutting-edge technology used in finance
Our Assurance group is composed of the Finance and Accounting & Transaction Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. As an analyst, you would be part of both these teams to gain unique and broad experiences.
Our Assurance Finance Team, focuses on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization.
Our Accounting & Transaction Advisory Team focuses on researching and developing accounting solutions, assisting with the adoption of new standards, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA designation
- Possess strong technical skills (e.g. GAAP, controls, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of IFRS, Public Sector Standards, US GAAP, ASPE, internal controls and risk
- Ability to approach engagements and requirements with a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities), problem solving skills, knowledge of project management discipline and structure
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Accounting, Project Manager, Equity, Operations, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive